郑州新茶服务2020贴吧

first_img702/252 Hedges Ave, Mermaid Beach has sold to an interstate buyer.“This property selling within 14 days of being exposed to the market shows how robust the luxury market and in particular Mermaid Beach currently is,” Mr Stevens said.“Hedges Ave continues to be renowned as one of the most sought-after streets in the state.”More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa17 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag2 days ago Relax in the rooftop pool!The two-level 758sq m four-bedroom sky home offers views to the north and south of the Coast. It also has a rooftop terrace with a 15m lap pool and spa.The property was once owned by former Coles boss John Fletcher who paid $6.7 million for it in 2007. Soak in the ocean views.The property last sold in January, 2017 for $4.8 million.“The sellers purchased it and had already generated fantastic memories with friends and family there,” Mr Stevens said.“Due to purchasing another property in a different state this penthouse now unfortunately became surplus to their needs and they aren’t using it as much.”“They have invested close to $100,000 on improvements to the residence.” What a view! 702/252 Hedges Ave, Mermaid Beach has sold for $5.25 million.A LUXURY penthouse on the Gold Coast’s Millionaire’s Row has sold for $5.25 million within two weeks of hitting the market.An interstate buyer splashed out on the four-bedroom residence at 702/252 Hedges Ave, Mermaid Beach.Tolemy Stevens, of Harcourts Coastal, negotiated the sale and said it showed the strength of the luxury property market on the Gold Coast.last_img read more

first_img Ulster star Bowe was a key performer on the Lions tour of South Africa four years ago, shining as a wing and centre. Few players could have done more with regard to trying to stave off a painful 2-1 series defeat. Bowe is now back for more after recovering from a serious injury earlier this season, and he is impressed with what he has seen. “My main priority is to get picked in the Test squad, but I want to win. That has been the message from the outset,” he said. “Warren is here to do a job, he is here to pick a team that’s going to go and win the series. He wants to be 2-0 up (in the series), and I think that is exciting for us as players because he’s breeding that confidence into us and I think it is really shining down throughout the squad.” The Lions have already vastly improved on their tour opener four years ago, smashing the Barbarians 59-8 in Hong Kong last Saturday, and Bowe is among the team entrusted with moving things up another level against Western Force on Wednesday. He was part of a dozen plus group that joined the squad only nine days ago due to play-off final commitments, but he has wasted little time getting among things. “The last tour we started off quite poorly and it made the guys go and lift the standard in the second game,” Bowe added. “This time around the standard has been set, and it’s up to us now who have just come in to take that on and expand on it again. I think I’d say I have been very happy with how we’ve trained this week.” Bowe, meanwhile, is also backing his Ireland colleague Rob Kearney to keep battling the hamstring injury that has sidelined him on tour so far and given the Lions management cause for concern. The injury – scans carried out in Hong Kong confirmed it as a grade one tear – means he was the only player among a 37-man squad who could not be considered for tomorrow’s game. “I think he’s just disappointed, as you would be,” Bowe said. “He wants to be involved and get training and playing. Unfortunately, it’s taken a little bit longer than expected. But he has had a super end to the season, he’s played some great rugby, he’s coming in with lots of confidence and he will get his chance.” Ireland wing Tommy Bowe has hailed the winning attitude and mentality of British and Irish Lions coach Warren Gatland.center_img Press Associationlast_img read more

first_imgWORCHESTERSHIRE: Amid COVID-19 threats, the Pakistan cricket contingent, including 20 players and support staff, arrived in England on Sunday for their upcoming assignment in which they are scheduled to play three Tests and as many T20Is in August and September.The Pakistan cricketers and the support staff arrived in Manchester on a chartered flight from Lahore and were then transported to Worcestershire. The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) shared the video of the team’s arrival on their official Twitter handle in which both the players and the support staff were seen wearing masks and maintaining social distancing. The team will now undergo England and Wales Cricket Board testing before completing their 14-day isolation period, during which they will be allowed to train and practice. The side will then move to Derbyshire on July 13. Six of Pakistan’s 10 coronavirus-infected cricketers — Fakhar Zaman, Mohammad Hasnain, Mohammad Hafeez, Mohammad Rizwan, Shadab Khan and Wahab Riaz — have been held back in Lahore and would be sent to England only after two of their successive tests return negative. The ECB has still not announced the dates for the series which will be played behind-closed-doors. England are currently scheduled to take on West Indies in the three-Test series beginning July 8 at the Ageas Bowl. IANS Also watch: Get Set Global: Assamese in UK coping with the Pandemiclast_img read more

first_img Published on November 4, 2019 at 1:13 am Contact Danny: [email protected] | @DannyEmerman,Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment. Elemy Colome’s words couldn’t bring her head coach’s job back — that was gone — but they still gave Daynia La-Force a sense of closure.“I wish I had listened to you,” Colome told La-Force in early October. “I wish we all listened to you. It’s not you, coach. It was us.”Over La-Force’s five years with the program, her players never bought in, she said. The Rams went 3-13 in the Atlantic 10 in 2019, leading to her firing.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textWhen La-Force made the team run sprints, Colome, URI’s most talented player, would often jog through them or even refuse to run altogether. She liked to play more than practice, and La-Force said she and Colome “butted heads” as the coach sensed her point guard’s attitude decline.“It wasn’t because she was selfish, she just wanted to win so badly that she thought she needed to do it her way,” La-Force said.Her way didn’t work. She transferred to URI from James Madison after one season of barely playing. Then, Colome wasted her redshirt season with the Rams amid off-court distractions.Now, Colome has acknowledged her past shortcomings. She said she’s grown up and after deciding to spend her last year of eligibility with Syracuse, Colome has a “totally different mindset,” La-Force said. She craves the same adversity that once caused her to “fold,” she said. For one year at Syracuse — at her third program in five years — Colome has her best chance to prove she’s matured enough to fully display her skills on the court.“I was just mentally weak,” the graduate transfer said. “I would just break down easily. Now I’m a fifth year, so I don’t ever see me going back to that.”,Colome began her collegiate basketball career at James Madison after graduating from Proctor (Massachusetts) Academy in 2015. But her immaturity hurt her playing time at JMU, Colome said, and she only played three total minutes as a freshman, leading her to transfer.Colome wanted to be closer to her family and hometown of Lawrence, Massachusetts, and reconnected with La-Force, who had recruited her out of high school. The two met years prior while Colome hosted La-Force and her son, Martin Mann, on a school tour at Proctor. La-Force has always believed in Colome, and said the guard’s unquestionable talent made the decision a “no-brainer.”“She knew she was kind of taking a risk with me,” Colome said.By transferring, Colome had to redshirt for a season, her second consecutive on the bench. She became distracted. She’d often arrive to practice as it was beginning instead of 15 minutes early like her other teammates. Colome didn’t know why La-Force and other coaches criticized her — she wasn’t allowed to play that year, anyway.“She’s the type of kid that just wants to play, play, play,” La-Force said. “She didn’t understand the importance of practicing to get to that level.”But when she returned to the court as a redshirt sophomore, she starred. The shifty guard had scoring outbursts of 25, 19, 18 and 17. After starting 12 of URI’s first 17 games that year, she appeared exclusively off the bench in the final 15 games.Off-court issues persisted, and Colome’s goofy, immature side flashed. Once, she impulsively bought a bicycle at Wal-Mart and rode it everywhere for three days, even joining a campus biker club, before La-Force told her she’d have to stop to prevent injury and soreness. She’d record trick shot videos and wear “completely unmatched” outfits featuring clothes three sizes too large, said Nicole Jorgensen, a former teammate.As losses continued to pile up last season, Colome realized she had to buy in and set a better example for her teammates. She wasn’t ready to be a leader until her final year, Jorgensen said, but a realization after a team meeting led to her accepting the role. She was URI’s top scorer at the time.“I started realizing how vital I was to the team, and I matured,” Colome said. “I had to hold myself accountable. I had to start coming in early. Do the extra things, be more disciplined.”,After Colome graduated from URI, La-Force called SU head coach Quentin Hillsman and asked him to take the same risk she had taken. She remembers telling Hillsman that Colome is “a great kid, she loves the game, she wants to compete, she wants to win, and if you get her in an environment where she’s surrounded by genuine people who allow her to be her…she’s going to be a huge asset.”Hillsman accepted her recommendation. When Colome announced her transfer to Syracuse on May 6, 2019, SU’s starting point guard Kiara Lewis did what she always does with transfers: Googled her statistics. She found a dynamic guard who led Rhode Island in scoring in her final season in 2018 with 14.1 points per game.“I was like, ‘Oh, this is going to be a good transfer,’” Lewis said.Colome scored from everywhere on the court: catch-and-shoot threes, pull-ups from the elbow, hesitation drives into floaters in the paint. On defense, the 5-foot-7 guard can stay in front of opposing ball-handlers 90 feet from the hoop, Jorgensen said. But that was in the Atlantic-10. This is the ACC, and Colome knows she’ll have to transition into a new role in a new system for a faster game.To prepare, Colome worked with her longtime trainer TJ Thompson over the summer. Thompson specializes in individual skill development, but they also worked on conditioning. Monday through Friday, they completed workouts so intense, she said some nearly brought her to tears.Thompson, whom Colome considers a mentor, kept stressing accountability. A “locked in and focused” Colome only missed one training session in the best summer she’s ever had, Thompson said.“I always knew she could play at that level,” Thompson said. “I knew the thing that would hold her back wasn’t anything to do with basketball or skill level, it would be more so the off the court stuff as in accountability and discipline.”,During conditioning runs at SU, Colome consistently finishes in second place — behind only former track runner Lauren Fitzmaurice. She always gets to practice early, studies plays with her teammates and watches film on her iPad. Though she said she still has silly moments, she’s traded off-court distractions for naps. Without star point guard Tiana Mangakahia, the 2019 season may hinge on the Lewis-Colome backcourt — Lewis being an all-around playmaker and Colome a pure scorer.“Everyone wants to see me succeed,” Colome said of SU. “I’d say it’s like a winning culture. And I’ve never been around a winning culture before.”In August, Colome reunited with La-Force at her former coach’s wedding. In front of over a hundred people, Colome made a speech about their “amazing journey” together.Without La-Force, Colome may never have blossomed into a go-to scorer. She might’ve not made it through three seasons at URI, might’ve not had the chance to transfer to Syracuse for one final year of college basketball. Without La-Force, she might not be the person she’s trying to become.“I want to thank you for allowing me to have the opportunity to play basketball,” Colome said in the speech. “You took me in when I was struggling at my first school, and the fact that I can say that you are the reason why I am so much more mature and a grown woman now. And now I’m going to Syracuse because of you, and it’s honestly a blessing.”Banner photo by Corey Henry | Photo Editor Commentslast_img read more

first_img– ‘Cautious return’ –Some of the clubs with title aspirations from the less affected areas of the country have been talking about going back to training for weeks.Following decisions from local governments, teams such as Napoli and Parma have followed the lead of Lazio — who trailed leaders Juventus by just a point when play was suspended — and set dates this week for players to train.Sassuolo became the first team to resume individual training on Monday, with Bologna set to follow on Tuesday, followed by Lazio and Roma after their players and staff undergo coronavirus tests.Inter Milan said “first-team players will, on a voluntary basis, be able to make use of the pitches at the Suning Training Centre in Appiano Gentile over the coming days for individual activities.”Champions Juventus have recalled their overseas players, including Ronaldo, who once back from the Portuguese island of Madeira will have to spend two weeks in quarantine.City rivals Torino are also cautiously preparing to return to training.“The contagion is still important and we are not yet out of the problem,” Cairo said on the 71th anniversary of the Superga tragedy, a plane crash which killed all the members of the legendary ‘Il Grande Torino’ team.“We must be on high alert. The restart on a day like this is something symbolic.“Today Phase 2 begins. We hope it will be a day of restart and rebirth.“We have approved an accelerated programme to do tests and fitness visits this week, in the next three to four days we will be ready for individual trainings.”The Italian Football Federation (FIGC) will hold a meeting on May 8 which could be decisive, although president Gabriele Gravina warned he would “never sign for the end of the championships”, which he said would be “the death of Italian football”.Share on: WhatsApp Milan, Italy | AFP | Cristiano Ronaldo has been recalled from Portugal as Serie A clubs get back to individual training on Monday after a two-month coronavirus lockdown, but doubts remain over whether the championship can return.The interior ministry’s go-ahead for players to return to club training facilities two weeks ahead of schedule has offered fans hope that the 2019-20 season might yet be saved.The government was responding after regions that had avoided the worst of the pandemic took matters into their own hands and gave permission to clubs to open their facilities for players to train on their own.But sports minister Vincenzo Spadafora has warned that although individual training can resume, training in groups must wait until May 18. And with Italy still in the grip of the pandemic which has killed nearly 29,000, it is uncertain whether matches will be able to restart.“Nothing has changed compared to what I have always said about football,” said Spadafora.“Team training will not resume before May 18 and the resumption of the championship, for now, is not really discussed.”Spadafora added, as if to confirm his difficult relationship with professional football: “Now excuse me, but I’m returning to take care of all the other sports and sports centres (gymnasiums, dance centres, swimming pools) which must reopen as soon as possible.”The Corriere dello Sport daily on Monday created a front-page photo of the minister with a dagger in his hand about to burst a ball, with the headline “Attack on Calcio”.Officially all 20 Serie A teams have unanimously backed a return to competition, despite reservations from clubs such as Brescia and Torino, in the north of Italy, which was particularly hit hard by the virus.Torino president Urbano Cairo conceded there were “divergent opinions”.“Everyone is assessing whether the restart is possible and it is normal, even if the last word will be down to the institutions,” he told Radio Anch’io.Cairo stressed the importance of safeguarding the health of employees, “without forgetting that the players have been stopped and locked up at home for two months”.With the league suspended since March 9, football authorities point to the severe economic impact for a sector which according to the federation posts a turnover of 4.7 billion euros ($5.1 billion) and employs more than 120,000 people.last_img read more