重庆品茶 你懂

first_imgTwo Florida women who were victims of sex trafficking are suing nearly two dozen hotels where they were forced to have sex.They claim the businesses did not try to stop the illegal activity. The lawsuit states that the women wandered the Naples-area hotel hallways while under the influence of drugs and wearing little clothing in 2015 and early 2016.Sex trafficking allegedly occurred at 22 Collier County hotels and motels, say Naples lawyers Yale Freeman and Sharon Hanlon, who are suing the businesses.The lawsuit, which was filed at the end of 2019 in state court in southwest Florida, seeks $100 million in damages.Owners of the hotels deny seeing any suspicious behavior, and one owner referred to the lawsuit as “a legal scam.”“We didn’t see any suspicious activity. If we do see it, we always call,” said Yogeshkumar Patel, owner of the Glades Motel on U.S. 41 East. “We’re always here. We watch everybody. We don’t allow in-and-out people. We don’t allow unregistered people to stay.”Freeman, who began investigating the case three years ago, says it is clear that staff witnessed the conditions of the hotel rooms and saw the women, who he claims were forced to provide sex to up to 20 men a day.He and Hanlon say they delayed filing the lawsuit until last year’s resolution of a criminal case that ended with the convictions of two men, 62-year-old Keith “Big Mike” Lewis 38-year-old and Gregory “Bowlegzz” Hines on trafficking and prostitution charges. The lawsuit states the men gave the women drugs to perform sex acts for clients.Under a new state law, hotel, motel and massage parlor owners are required to train their employees to detect and report human trafficking.Florida ranks third in the nation in the number of calls to the National Human Trafficking Hotline, according to the Florida Attorney General’s office.last_img read more

first_imgShe came up against a strong field of 108 golfers where the leading player wound up at 7 under par at 65.Though she was not among the 11 players that made it to the main event, Oboh secured her place in history with the milestone appearance as the first Nigerian to compete in the final qualifying tournament of the Women’s British Open.She gave the gallery at Woburn Golf Club a real treat of her talent though she only had one rain-drenched practice round on Sunday.Oboh was supported at the event by a representative of the Lady Golfers’ Association of Nigeria (LGAN), Ms Sila.She made the trip from Manchester to support the famous Nigerian professional golfer.As one of only two women majors played outside the US, the Women’s British Open is known to be the most international with 29 different nations represented in the 2018 line-up and 19 of the top 20 on the Rolex World Rankings headlining the field.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Olawale AjimotokanGeorgia Oboh gave it her best shot but painfully ended up short in her bid to secure qualification for the final round of the Women’s British Open.The young Nigerian professional golfer was three strokes outside the cut line, even though she salvaged an even par 72 on the second day of the tournament at Woburn Golf Club on Monday.last_img read more