“We have enough men to secure the Boracay Island and other parts of Malay,” he added. ILOILO City – A total of 400 police officers will be manning the world-famous Boracay Island and the rest of Malay, Aklan for the strict implementation of health protocols against the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) there.Malay municipal police station chief Lieutenant Jonathan Pablito said they have been stricter on the entry of tourists in the well-famed island.“Dapat naka log in lahat nang tourists. Kahit kaming nga pulis kapag pumunta ng Boracay dapat naka log in rin,” Pablito said. Boracay Island. LEO VALENCIA VIA THE POOR TRAVELER The Police Regional Office 6 (PRO-6) recently established the Boracay Operation Command Center to “centralize” security measures and installed 25 closed-circuit television cameras to closely monitor the happenings in the island resort.Boracay reopened on June 16 after three months of inactivity but to Western Visayas tourists only who are above 21 years old but not over 59 years old. Those 21 years old and younger and those 60 years old and older are considered most vulnerable to COVID-19, according to the Boracay Inter-Agency Task Force overseeing the island’s massive rehabilitation.Malay Mayor Frolibar Bautista said the world-famous Island had lost about P12 billion following its halt of operations./PN
The BBC’s Match of the Day has retained the rights to Premier League highlights for three more years after a successful bid of £204million. Press Association MOTD’s main presenter Gary Lineker reacted on Twitter saying: “Thrilled to report that the BBC retains the rights to show @premierleague highlights. Long live Match Of The Day” The Premier League highlights rights will for the first time include a midweek magazine programme at 10pm on BBC Two. Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore said: “The BBC has done a fantastic job with its Match of the Day programmes which provide high quality coverage and analysis for fans of Premier League clubs. “The UK highlights allow the competition to be viewed by the maximum number of fans across the country and the addition of a midweek magazine show will add a new dimension to the BBC’s Premier League coverage. “This season is Match of the Day’s 50th anniversary – an illustration of the BBC’s commitment to top flight English football – and a fitting year in which to renew our partnership with them.” Barbara Slater, director of BBC Sport, added: “We’re delighted to retain the rights to show Premier League highlights on the BBC, and continue to bring the most popular league in the world to our audiences. “Match of the Day is the most iconic brand in television sport and we work hard to ensure that it continues to be the destination for millions of viewers each weekend across platforms. “It’s very exciting to be able to add a new midweek show to the mix, reflecting the continued appetite for Premier League action and analysis.” The Premier League has announced that the BBC has won the rights for terrestrial highlights for the three seasons 2016/17 to 2018/19. There had been reports that ITV would launch a rival bid but it is understood it decided not to do so. The rights cover the Saturday evening Match of the Day programme, the Sunday morning repeat, MOTD2 on Sunday evenings and other evenings when Premier League fixtures justify a programme.
– ‘Cautious return’ –Some of the clubs with title aspirations from the less affected areas of the country have been talking about going back to training for weeks.Following decisions from local governments, teams such as Napoli and Parma have followed the lead of Lazio — who trailed leaders Juventus by just a point when play was suspended — and set dates this week for players to train.Sassuolo became the first team to resume individual training on Monday, with Bologna set to follow on Tuesday, followed by Lazio and Roma after their players and staff undergo coronavirus tests.Inter Milan said “first-team players will, on a voluntary basis, be able to make use of the pitches at the Suning Training Centre in Appiano Gentile over the coming days for individual activities.”Champions Juventus have recalled their overseas players, including Ronaldo, who once back from the Portuguese island of Madeira will have to spend two weeks in quarantine.City rivals Torino are also cautiously preparing to return to training.“The contagion is still important and we are not yet out of the problem,” Cairo said on the 71th anniversary of the Superga tragedy, a plane crash which killed all the members of the legendary ‘Il Grande Torino’ team.“We must be on high alert. The restart on a day like this is something symbolic.“Today Phase 2 begins. We hope it will be a day of restart and rebirth.“We have approved an accelerated programme to do tests and fitness visits this week, in the next three to four days we will be ready for individual trainings.”The Italian Football Federation (FIGC) will hold a meeting on May 8 which could be decisive, although president Gabriele Gravina warned he would “never sign for the end of the championships”, which he said would be “the death of Italian football”.Share on: WhatsApp Milan, Italy | AFP | Cristiano Ronaldo has been recalled from Portugal as Serie A clubs get back to individual training on Monday after a two-month coronavirus lockdown, but doubts remain over whether the championship can return.The interior ministry’s go-ahead for players to return to club training facilities two weeks ahead of schedule has offered fans hope that the 2019-20 season might yet be saved.The government was responding after regions that had avoided the worst of the pandemic took matters into their own hands and gave permission to clubs to open their facilities for players to train on their own.But sports minister Vincenzo Spadafora has warned that although individual training can resume, training in groups must wait until May 18. And with Italy still in the grip of the pandemic which has killed nearly 29,000, it is uncertain whether matches will be able to restart.“Nothing has changed compared to what I have always said about football,” said Spadafora.“Team training will not resume before May 18 and the resumption of the championship, for now, is not really discussed.”Spadafora added, as if to confirm his difficult relationship with professional football: “Now excuse me, but I’m returning to take care of all the other sports and sports centres (gymnasiums, dance centres, swimming pools) which must reopen as soon as possible.”The Corriere dello Sport daily on Monday created a front-page photo of the minister with a dagger in his hand about to burst a ball, with the headline “Attack on Calcio”.Officially all 20 Serie A teams have unanimously backed a return to competition, despite reservations from clubs such as Brescia and Torino, in the north of Italy, which was particularly hit hard by the virus.Torino president Urbano Cairo conceded there were “divergent opinions”.“Everyone is assessing whether the restart is possible and it is normal, even if the last word will be down to the institutions,” he told Radio Anch’io.Cairo stressed the importance of safeguarding the health of employees, “without forgetting that the players have been stopped and locked up at home for two months”.With the league suspended since March 9, football authorities point to the severe economic impact for a sector which according to the federation posts a turnover of 4.7 billion euros ($5.1 billion) and employs more than 120,000 people.
1 Apr 2013 Cartier Trophy victory for England’s Bronte Law England international Bronte Law rolled in three consecutive birdie putts to seal victory in the Cartier Trophy at St Cloud, near Paris, today and claim the title of French open U18 champion. She beat Jessica Vasilic of Sweden by 3/2, having led throughout the 36-hole final and getting to six-up at one stage in the afternoon. The result was a most satisfactory conclusion for the 18-year-old Curtis Cup player from Bramhall, Cheshire, who started the week with putting woes. “I was hitting the ball very well, but really, really struggling with the putting and taking over 36 putts a round,” said Bronte. “But I managed to work my way into it during the week and it’s 10 times better now. Today I finished birdie, birdie, birdie, holing two from 6ft and then a 25-footer on the last to win. “This is a good trophy to win and, as I’m revising very hard for my exams, it’s great way to start the season,” added Bronte, who will soon be sitting her A2 exams before heading to California and UCLA in the early autumn. The final was played in very windy conditions: “It was very tricky, you had to grind it out, but I don’t mind the wind,” said Bronte. She was four up at lunch, having played the first 18 holes in one-under par, and after two holes of the afternoon round she was six-up. But then her opponent fought back, narrowing the gap to just one hole after the 12th. Bronte wasn’t worried: “She holed a few putts, but I was still playing well and I told myself I would hole a few before long. So I just kept playing my game and it worked out very well in the end.” Bronte’s putting problems were most acute during the 36-hole stroke play qualifying of the French Lady Junior Championship and cost her a place in the matchplay stages for the Esmond Trophy, the U21 crown, in which she was runner-up last year. But she qualified comfortably for the U18 Cartier Trophy and, after lengthy putting sessions with England coach Steve Robinson, she eased through the rounds, defeating opponents from Belgium, Spain and Germany to reach the final. She was joined in the Cartier Trophy by Annabel Dimmock of Wentworth, who lost two-down in the first round. In the Esmond Trophy, Gabriella Cowley (Brocket Hall) reached the quarter finals, while Olivia Winning (Rotherham) and Charlotte Thompson (Channels) both qualified for the first round. Bronte’s win keeps the Cartier Trophy in English hands after last year’s success by Meghan MacLaren (Wellingborough). Previous winners also include Holly Clyburn (Woodhall Spa) who is now playing her first season on the Ladies European Tour
Even Fianna Fail leader Micheal Martin is impressedColáiste Ailigh students are enjoying this years BT Young Scientist with a total of nine qualified projects.Fianna Fail leader Micheal Martin is among those who popped along to wish some the entrants well. PICTURE SPECIAL: COLÁISTE AILIGH PUPILS ENJOYING YOUNG SCIENTIST OF THE YEAR TRIP was last modified: January 8th, 2016 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:BT Young ScientistColaiste AilighdublinRDS